Queries & Manuscripts
Classes & Conferences
Crafting Your Work
The Writing Business
Income & Expenses
Setting Fees/Getting Paid
Rights & Copyright
The Writing Life
The Writing Life
Health & Safety
Column: Ramblings on the Writing Life
Fiction Writing - General
Characters & Viewpoint
Setting & Description
Column: Crafting Fabulous Fiction
Fiction Writing - Genres
SF, Fantasy & Horror
Flash Fiction & More
Columns & Syndication
Poetry & Greeting Cards
POD & Subsidy Publishing
General Promotion Tips
Articles in Translation
This free script provided by
Let a Million Writers Know About Your Service or Product!
Where else can you reach more than one million writers per year with your product or service - for less than $40 per month? (In 2014, we had over 1.6 million visitors!) Your ad will be seen by over 125,000 unique visitors every month - with an average of over 250,000 page views. Writing-World.com offers over 1000 pages of information for writers, and our ad rates are some of the lowest on the web. We offer several opportunities for you to "get the word out" about how you can help our readers with your product or service!
One thing that makes Writing-World.com ideal for your advertising is our focus on your specific niche: writers. We only accept advertising for products, books and services that relate to the business or craft of writing. Your listing won't get lost in a clutter of cookie-generated ads for purses on ebay, hotel deals and gambling casinos.
Website Advertising - Rotating Banner
Our rotating banner provides maximum visibility for your ad, appearing at the top of every content page throughout the site (presently a total of nearly 800 pages!). We limit the number of rotations to 10 ads. Rotations are based on page clicks/refreshes. Banners may be up to 800x150 pixels.
Rates for one rotation:
- One month = $100
- Three months = $240 (20% discount)
- Six months = $450 ($25% discount)
- Twelve months = $840 (30% discount)
Website Advertising - Side Button Only
Your 120x120-pixel button will appear on more than 800 separate pages:
- One month - $65
- Three months - $150 (save $45)
- Six Months - $300 (save $90)
- One Year - $500 (save $280)
Our e-mail newsletter is published twice each month (on the first and third Thursday of the month), and goes to nearly 14,000 subscribers; it's also passed along to dozens of newsgroups, writing groups, etc. The cost for a basic classified listing (up to five lines at 65 characters per line) is just $25 for a full month (we require a one-month minimum listing). Additional lines are available for $1 per line per issue.
- 1 month - $25
- 2 months - $47 (save 5%)
- 3 months - $67 (save 10%)
- 4 months - $90 (save 10%)
- 5 months - $112 (save 10%)
- 6 months - $127 (save 15%)
- 9 months - $191 (save 15%)
- 12 months - $240 (save 20%)
- Additional lines $1 per line per issue (e.g., one extra line for 5 months would be $10)
PLEASE check the length of your ad. Our regular rate is for up to FIVE LINES that contain NO MORE THAN 65 characters per line. This includes spaces, and if a word breaks within that allotment, it will be added to the next line. URLs must include "http://". If your ad is too long, send it to us and we can help you edit it.
A quick note on our mailing list... We use our newsletter list only to send out our twice-monthly newsletter. We never use it to send out special advertising or "e-mail blasts." Nor do we offer that list for sale.
Please send ALL advertising requests or enquiries (web or newsletter) to:
Moira Allen, Editor. To place your ad, please e-mail the following information:
- Your name and address (so that we can prepare an ad contract)
- The type of ad you wish to place (e.g., Banner, Button, Newsletter)
- The duration of the ad (1 month, 3 months, etc.)
- If a web ad, the URL to which you wish your ad to be linked
- If a newsletter ad, the text of the ad (see line lengths above)
- If a web ad, we will need your ad image as an attachment (GIF or JPG).
Terms and Conditions
- All ads must be prepaid.
- Site and bookshelf ads must be received at least one week prior to the start of the month, and will be posted within three business days of the beginning of the month.
- Newsletter ads must be received at least three days prior to the first issue in which you wish them to appear. The newsletter is e-mailed on the first and third Thursday of every month, except for December, when we only produce one issue. We prefer to begin newsletter ads with the first issue fo the month.
- NO SPECIAL PLACEMENT OF ADS IS PROVIDED. (This means that we cannot place your ad "higher" on the page for an extra fee; while we understand the desire for "better" visibility, we do not feel that it's fair to "bump" our long-term advertisers for newer ads.)
- Please review and proofread your ad carefully; while we do try to check for typos, we aren't responsible for errors.
- Changes to ads and ad images are accepted, within reason.
- Payment by PayPal is preferred for all advertising. If you wish to pay by check, please contact
Moira Allen, Editor for mailing details. Again, no ads will be placed until payment is received.
- Text Links, Joint Ventures, Special Deals... Sorry, we don't do them. We keep the playing field level for all our advertisers (many of which have been with us for years!). And we don't do text links, ever. Please don't ask. Especially, please don't ask five times.
- Affiliates. We are open to information about affiliate programs; if you would like us to consider your product on an affiliate basics, please contact
Moira Allen, Editor.
Writing-World.com only accepts advertising for products, books or services that relate to the business of writing. We reserve the right to reject or withdraw an ad at any time. (If for any reason an advertisement is withdrawn, any unused portion of the payment will be refunded.)
|Get fresh articles, tips, and publishing news twice a month with our FREE Newsletter!
Copyright © 2015 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.
All materials on this site are the property of their authors and may not be reprinted
without the author's written permission, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information please contact
Moira Allen, Editor