Starting Your Career as a Freelance Writer
Queries, Pitches and Proposals
Children's Book Reviewers
Below is a list of children's book reviewers. Authors and publishers should always contact the website and/or publication first, according to their guidelines. Never submit your print book or ebook for review without permission.
- Bergers Book Reviews
- Reviews print books only. Send a brief synopsis of your book for
consideration to the editor, Alice Berger, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reviews print books only. Fill out the online Review Copy Availability form at their web site. Editor: Doug Malcolm.
- Reviews print books only. Submit galleys at least 15 weeks prior to publication. Review materials should be submitted according to "Procedures for Submitting Review Materials to Booklist" (http://booklistonline.com/get-reviewed)
- Send information about your book to email@example.com, who will route it to the appropriate reviewer for the site.
- Book Review.com
- Reviews only upcoming or newly released print books. See Information for Publishers at their website or contact Zanne Marie Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Kid Lit Reviews
- Accepts children's and middle grade print books. No e-books. Will consider self-published books. Please visit the following link for more information and details on how to submit a blurb: http://kid-lit-reviews.com/policies-ratings-reviews/review-policies/.
- MyKaela Edrich in Conjunction with The Dabbling Mum.com
- Reviews Children's Print Books only. Please query about the book you would like reviewed.
- Kirkus Reviews
- Reviews approximately 4,500 print books per year, usually two-to-three months prior to publication. Submit galleys in advance of publication. Anne Larsen, Exec. Editor; Chuck Shelton, Managing Editor; Jim Uebbing, Senior Editor; Karen Breen, Senior Editor. For details and submission guidelines contact Kirkus Reviews: email@example.com
- Midwest Book Review
- We review all kinds of print books, DVDs, videos, music CDs, computer software, and the like. We do not review galleys, uncorrected proofs, or ebooks. Visit our website and click on 'Get A Book Reviewed' for more information about our guidelines for submitting a book for review consideration. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Publishers Weekly
- All print book reviews appear in advance of publication. Titles must be submitted for review consideration two to three months prior to publication date. Review materials should be submitted according to PW Forecast Guidelines.
- Reviews a variety of genres on its site and weekly newsletter. This is apparently a paid service.
- The Reading Tub
- A small group of parents and kids reviews all types of children's books. Rarely accepts books from authors and publishers; find out more about submissions HERE.
- SCBWI Publications
- The Guide to Children's Book Reviewers is available free to members and lists individuals and publications that review children's books, along with information on how and what to submit.
- Young Adult Books Central
- Kimberly Pauley reviews print or e-books with a concentration on YA/Middle Grade fiction, though picture or kid's books are accepted. Also publishes author interviews and bios. For more details, please see http://www.yabookscentral.com/cfusion/index.cfm?fuseAction=home.faqs
|Get our articles, tips, and publishing news twice a month FREE with our Newsletter!
Copyright © 2014 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.
All materials on this site are the property of their authors and may not be reprinted
without the author's written permission, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information please contact
Moira Allen, Editor
A Writer's Year 2014
The Writer's Guide to Holidays...
Writing to Win