Queries & Manuscripts
Classes & Conferences
Crafting Your Work
The Writing Business
Income & Expenses
Setting Fees/Getting Paid
Rights & Copyright
The Writing Life
The Writing Life
Health & Safety
Column: Ramblings on the Writing Life
Fiction Writing - General
Characters & Viewpoint
Setting & Description
Column: Crafting Fabulous Fiction
Fiction Writing - Genres
SF, Fantasy & Horror
Flash Fiction & More
Columns & Syndication
Poetry & Greeting Cards
POD & Subsidy Publishing
General Promotion Tips
Articles in Translation
This free script provided by
LINKS: Self-Publishing Resources
See Electronic Publishing Links for links to information on electronic and print-on-demand publishing.
- APSS - The Association of Publishers for Special Sales
- Formerly SPAN. Now run by Brian Jud, "The APSS mission is to become known as the premier source of information, education and help for publishers of high-quality content published in printed, electronic or audio form for sale to consumers, non-bookstore retailers and non-retail buyers.
- Barnes and Noble Online Book Submission Form
- How to submit your book for distribution by Barnes and Noble.
- The Book Designer, by Joel Friedlander
- Though this blog is aimed more at the pro self-publisher, it's absolutely packed with information on all forms of self-publishing, subsidy publishing, print-on-demand and any other type of "DIY" publishing. If you're thinking of handling your book yourself, this is the place to start to find answers on what the best approach to DIY publishing would be for your specific project.
- Book Marketing Update
- Though designed primarily to promote products and publications, this site offers a number of free reports and services for the self-publisher.
- Offers extensive links to book-related sites, including publishers, publicists, online bookstores, etc.
- Business Owner's Toolkit
- Though not specifically aimed at publishers, this site offers a number of useful resources for the small business (particularly the retail business).
- Calendar of Book Trade and Literary Events
- A Complete Guide to Publishing Your Own Book
- This is exactly what it claims to be: A complete, and very useful, five-chapter guide to the various aspects of book publishing. It's a UK site so many of the info links are UK-focused (e.g., UK tax information), but don't let that stop you. Because it's a selection of links as well as a "book," it covers a lot of ground that isn't always addressed in other manuals on this topic.
- Distributors and Wholesalers
- Fulfillment Companies
- Find a company that can store, package and ship your books. An old article but still useful.
- Independent Book Publishers Association
- Organization for self-publishers and small presses.
- ISBN User's Manual
- Everything you need to know about using (and getting) ISBNs.
- Judy Cullins' Book Coaching Blog
- Lots of articles on book development and promotion.
- Midwest Book Review: Writers Publishers (resources)
- A huge selection of links for publishers and self-publishers, including information and resource sites, advice, bookseller organizations, distributors, publicity and marketing -- and a list of links to submit your information to search engines.
- Midwest Book Review: Advice for Publishers
- Publishing Basics Radio
- A PODCAST broadcast for self-publishers, "where weekly we help self-publishers navigate the self-publishing minefield." Includes a recent series of interviews with major POD publishers.
- Publishing Central
- Absolutely packed with resources: book reviewers, publishing tools, distributors, networking, more. (Formerly "Places for Publishers.")
- Publishing Poynters
- Dan Poynter's Book Marketing Newsletter, available free by e-mail.
- Self-Publishing Review
- "The aim of this site is to legitimize
self-publishing – not just as a fallback plan, but as an avenue that’s
increasingly necessary and useful in a competitive publishing industry."
- Small Publishers, Artists and Writers Network (SPAWN)
- Offers a monthly newsletter, e-book store with writing-related books, and archives of back issues of newsletters with articles on writing, publishing and web topics.
- Wisdom of a Chief Bottle Washer, by Natalie Thomas
- Inside view of self-publishing.
Didn't Find What You Were Looking For? Check Our Other Link Sections:|
· Totally Awesome BLOGS
· Book Promotion Resources
· Book Publishers (lists)
· Business, Finance & Taxes; Setting Fees
· Business & Technical Writing
· Character Naming Resources
· Children's Writing
· Christian Writing
· Classes, Conferences & Colonies
· Contest Resources
· Critique and Discussion Groups
· Dictionaries, Glossaries & Language Resources
· E-publishing Information
· Essays, Memoirs and Personal Journaling
· "Just for Fun" Sites
· Grants and Funding Organizations
· Market Guides and Guideline Databases
· Horror Writing
· Job Sources
· Magazines, Newspapers and Electronic Media
· Mystery Writing
· Organizations for Writers
· Prompts, Exercises & Idea Generators
· Publications for Writers
· Rights, Copyright, and Other Legal Issues
· Romance and Historical Fiction
· Scams, Warnings, Viruses & Hoaxes
· Science Fiction & Fantasy
· Social Media, Blogging and Website Development
· Travel Writing
· Writing Sites
· Young Writers' Resources
Copyright © 2017 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.
All materials on this site are the property of their authors and may not be reprinted
without the author's written permission, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information please contact
Moira Allen, Editor