Queries & Manuscripts
Classes & Conferences
Crafting Your Work
The Writing Business
Income & Expenses
Setting Fees/Getting Paid
Rights & Copyright
The Writing Life
The Writing Life
Health & Safety
Column: Ramblings on the Writing Life
Fiction Writing - General
Characters & Viewpoint
Setting & Description
Column: Crafting Fabulous Fiction
Fiction Writing - Genres
SF, Fantasy & Horror
Flash Fiction & More
Columns & Syndication
Poetry & Greeting Cards
POD & Subsidy Publishing
General Promotion Tips
Articles in Translation
This free script provided by
LINKS: General Writing Sites
- African American Literature Book Club: Writers Resources
- Links to a variety of writing resources, including publishers and media outlets, with an emphasis on African American writing and publishing.
- Articles About Writing
- Though many of the articles on this site focus primarily on speculative fiction, this extensive list of articles offers something for all writers.
- Offers several useful blogs on writing.
- If you're like me, writing bibliographies for a book or research paper is perhaps one of your least favorite tasks. Enter BibMe, an intriguing site where you can automatically generate bibliography entries! You can have the site look up a book for you and create an entry, or manually enter the information, then just cut and paste the results.
- "Everything I Needed to Know About Writing... "
- ...I learned from editing (and vice versa)" - a good look at the business from both sides of the desk.
- Experimental Writing
- Everything to do with experimental writing, including articles, markets, discussions, sample stories and more.
- A relatively new UK website that offers a nice selection of high-quality articles on a wide range of topics.
- A huge site, with loads of articles, resources, links, and a free newsletter.
- Fiction Factor
- Resources for fiction writers, including market info and a free newsletter.
- For Authors
- Loads of articles on a wide range of topics for writers; definitely worth checking out!
- Guide to Literary Agents - Editor's Blog
- This site is absolutely packed with articles and information on formatting your manuscript, finding an agent, what agents want, interviews with agents, and more. A definite must-read.
- Holly Lisle: Writer
- Lots of articles on writing (primarily speculative fiction), plus a host of research links, an online community, and an excellent e-zine.
- Huge collection of links to writing resources.
- Matilija Press
- The webpage of writer Patricia Fry, this site offers loads of tips for writers; click the "Articles" or "For Writers" header. See also her "Writing and Publishing News" blog at http://www.matilijapress.com/publishingblog/
- Preditors and Editors
- Categorized links to resources such as agents, publishers, writing groups, associations, articles, and more.
- Quips and Tips for Freelance Writers
- If you're looking for the latest books on writing, here's a blog that covers them all -- with quick reviews and useful excerpts from the experts. Definitely worth a stop.
- A site dedicated to creative writing, with loads of useful articles and tips.
- This site offers an extensive selection of helpful articles for writers and bloggers. Unfortunately the articles are listed chronologically, with no topical navigation index, so it's hard to see what's available on any given topic (e.g., grammar), but it's worth investigating.
- Uncle Orson's Writing Class
- In addition to chat, forums, links, and other resources, this site by Orson Scott Card offers a "writing class" in which Card answers various questions from readers.
- World Wide Freelance Writer
- Excellent website, newsletter and market guide, with an emphasis on international (non-U.S.) writing and markets.
- The Writer Gazette
- Free newsletter and huge collection of articles.
- The Write Questions Workbook
- This is a free downloadable e-book containing roughly 400 questions designed to help you structure your story, from writer Dan Schwabauer.
- Writer's Block Help
- Don't be fooled by the title: This site has tons of material on just about every aspect of creative writing, plus a free newsletter.
- A good selection of articles, as well as classes, a newsletter, etc.
- A site dedicated to helping writers find research sources online -- loads of info!
- Writers Resource Centre
- Loads of articles on the business and craft of writing, writing prompts, and more.
- Writers Write
- Links, guidelines, publisher information, and more. Unfortunately, this site no longer seems to be regularly maintained, though it is still useful.
- Writing Full Time: A User's Guide, by Robert Weinberg
- A look at some statistics about publishing and writing for a living.
- Yudkin, Marcia
- Author Marcia Yudkin describes her list of articles as "The Net's Most Useful Collection of Free Advice on Getting Published and Making a Living as a Writer."
Didn't Find What You Were Looking For? Check Our Other Link Sections:|
· Totally Awesome BLOGS
· Book Promotion Resources
· Book Publishers (lists)
· Business, Finance & Taxes; Setting Fees
· Business & Technical Writing
· Character Naming Resources
· Children's Writing
· Christian Writing
· Classes, Conferences & Colonies
· Contest Resources
· Critique and Discussion Groups
· Dictionaries, Glossaries & Language Resources
· E-publishing Information
· Essays, Memoirs and Personal Journaling
· "Just for Fun" Sites
· Grants and Funding Organizations
· Market Guides and Guideline Databases
· Horror Writing
· Job Sources
· Magazines, Newspapers and Electronic Media
· Mystery Writing
· Organizations for Writers
· Prompts, Exercises & Idea Generators
· Publications for Writers
· Rights, Copyright, and Other Legal Issues
· Romance and Historical Fiction
· Scams, Warnings, Viruses & Hoaxes
· Science Fiction & Fantasy
· Social Media, Blogging and Website Development
· Travel Writing
· Writing Sites
· Young Writers' Resources
Copyright © 2017 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.
All materials on this site are the property of their authors and may not be reprinted
without the author's written permission, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information please contact
Moira Allen, Editor